MDT LSS Gen2 Chassis
The MDT LSS Chassis was designed for use with bolt action rifles. It converts your rifle to an external box magazine fed rifle, while improving accuracy, and giving the rifle superior ergonomics by allowing use of AR-15 butt-stocks and grips.
Replace your stock on your Tikka T3/T3X, Remington 700 or one of the many other bolt-action rifles with our tactical chassis!
LSS GEN2 CHASSIS SYSTEM
The LSS GEN2 is an update of our popular LSS chassis. The LSS GEN2 chassis system now sports a bold and modern new look inspired by the contours of our more recent chassis lines like the ESS, ACC & LSS-XL GEN2, and is lighter than ever (1.4 to 1.6lb depending on the model).
The LSS GEN2 incorporates the following new features, in addition to everything the original LSS had to offer:
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- M-Lok pattern attachment slots on sides and bottom of the forend
- Barricade-stop grooves ahead of mag-well
- Side-relieved mag well
The chassis system is manufactured out of billet 6061-T6 aluminum and has been finished with Cerakote™ in Black or Flat Dark Earth (FDE). To keep this chassis system compact, it was designed for carbine AR-15 buttstocks. However, fixed buttstocks can be mounted with the use of a fixed stock adapter. Alternatively, our LSS-XL Gen2 chassis has a longer forend and was designed to accept fixed buttstocks without the use of the adapter.
- Remington 700 Short Action
- Remington 700 Long Action
- Remington Model 7
- Remington Model 783 SA
- Remington R700 Clones such as Bergara B14
- Savage Short Action, Models 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, and new model 110 in short action chamberings
- Savage Long Action, Models 110, 111, 112 and 116
- Savage Axis - Short Calibers
- Savage Axis - Long Calibers using MDT 3.56 Magazine
- Tikka T3 / T3x - Short Calibers
- Tikka T3 / T3x - Long Calibers using MDT 3.56 Magazine
- Mossberg MVP 5.56 (.223) using AR-15 Magazines
- Mossberg MVP 7.62 (.308) using AR-10 Magazines
- Mossberg Patriot Short Action
- Mossberg Patriot Long Action
- Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard - Short Calibers (Only compatible with MDT Polymer, and Polymetal magazines)
- Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard - Long Calibers
- Howa 1500 Mini Action -Short Calibers. (Only compatible with factory magazines)
- Ruger M77 (Scout) Short Action
- Ruger American - Short Action
MOUNTING AND COMPATIBLE ACCESSORIES
The LSS GEN2 Chassis System is designed to accept any AR-15 buttstock and pistol grip (purchased separately), offering the option to customize from the wide variety of Accessories available on the market.
The LSS Gen2 chassis system supports AICS pattern magazines in most models. Click here to see our available offerings for short action magazines. Our long action inlets also support AICS pattern magazine in the 3.715” length except for the Tikka T3/T3X long action, and Savage Axis long action which require our 3.560” magazine. The LSS Gen2 also features M-Lok and supports a wide variety of M-Lok accessories.
The max thickness of recoil lug recommend is .350" (8.9mm)
The LSS-RF GEN2 Chassis System is designed to accept any AR-15 carbine buttstock and pistol grip (purchased separately), and allows for customization with a wide variety of accessories.
The LSS-RF Gen2 features M-Lok and supports a wide variety of M-Lok accessories.
- Increases accuracy by up to 21%
- CNC machined from 6061 aluminum
- Cerakote finish in black or flat dark earth
- Designed for carbine AR-15 buttstocks
- Accepts most AR-15 pistol grips
- Lightweight, free-floating modular forend
- Will accommodate barrels up to 1.25" in diameter
- Compatible with short action and long action (most models) AICS style magazines in a wide variety of calibers. Long action inlets support 3.715” magazines as well. For the Tikka T3/T3X long action and Savage Axis long action you will need our 3.560 magazines.
- LSS-RF compatible with OEM Magazines
- Weight: 1.4lb - 1.6lb
WHAT YOU GET, AND WHAT YOU NEED
To complete this chassis on your rifle, the additional items you need to purchase are:
- Any AR-15 buttstock. For fixed buttstocks, you will need the fixed stock adapter, or consider using our LSS-XL Gen2 chassis.
- A buffer tube and a castle nut for your buttstock. (Both mil-spec and commercial work on our chassis)
- An AR-15 Pistol Grip. Ideally without a beavertail, or use a soft (bendable) beavertail.
- At least one magazine
Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard Short Actions This is the only action that we manufacture a chassis for that has a flat bottom action. For this reason, only our Polymer, and Polymetal magazines will work. For 223 models the bolt stop is too long. This can easily be modified. This also means that the action does not sit in a V-Block.
Savage models 10/110 11/111 12/112 16/116 For rifles with the bolt release at the bottom, the bolt release can be engaged through the side of the chassis, using a pin or tool. (Not included)
Savage Long Actions in 338 Lapua Magnum Savage Long Action Chassis systems all use 3.715" AICS magazine wells. The Savage rifles chambered in 338 Lapua Magnum uses 3.850" magazines. We have released a version of the ESS and ACC which is specifically designed around the current Savage 338 Lapua Magnum offerings.
Tikka T3 / T3X - Long Calibers Only our 3.560 magazines will fit with the chassis for this action and needs to be purchased separately.
Savage Axis The original recoil lug that comes with the rifle is required for installation into the chassis. On the Long Action, you will need to use our 3.560 Magazines.
Ruger American The action screw is located directly above the magazine lever. This means that the magazine lever needs to be installed AFTER installing the action into the chassis. Detailed instructions are provided, and an installation video can be found here.
Ruger American in 223/5.56/300 Blackout requires the use of our steel body 223 magazine.
Fits Predator, Ranch, and Go Big Camo versions.
Ruger Scout Drop- in for Ruger Gunsite Scout rifles only. Will not fit older Tang safety Ruger M77. Mark II and Hawkeye short action will bolt in, but modifications to the magazines and ejector may be required. Rifles with two- stage triggers will also require modifications to the chassis. The Ruger Gunsite Scout in 223/5.56mm requires the use of our steel body 223 magazine.
- The Ruger American requires the two OEM V-blocks from the standard stock in addition to the magazine
- The Savage Mark II, CZ 455 and Ruger American can use iron sights